View Single Post
      06-25-2014, 11:15 AM   #1
PM48
Rep
Drives: 325i 2006

Is it dealership scam or what?

Hello to everyone! Looking for help with my 325i and I got it new in 2006. It has 39k. Still love it but:
Got a warning light about passenger side air bag malfunction. Thank you to the forum found out that there is a recall for the wire to the seat. Took it to the dealership and it was fixed no charge even though it is past warranty. The mechanic told me though that there were a bunch of other warning codes and one was that my water pump needs to be replaced and they can do it for $1200.
I started to educate myself regarding the water pump issue and everyone who had it has a warning lights on the dash before it goes bad and majority of WP failures happens after 60k or so .
Here is the problem that I have with what mechanic told me: I never had any type of warning lights even like: “service engine soon” before ” passenger side air bag malfunction” went on. The car drives just fine and no warning lights of any kind since I took it back from the dealership. So, what is going on with my car? Thank you in advance.
Appreciate 0