01-14-2008, 01:39 PM   #130
footie
Major General
Rep
Drives: i5M60

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by E90ice View Post
But the M5 has a better distribution than even RS4 and the S5. And the M5 has a different purpose.

RS4 (58/42)
http://autos.yahoo.com/audi_rs4_sedan-specs/?p=ext

M5 (54/46) bmwusa.com

I just find it funny you give us and BMW "advice", when your own car is a nose heavy pig with understeering problems. Seriously.

And Yes, I drove the RS4 on the track and it was very unimpressive. Felt very heavy and not very powerful. I still think it's a great car, but not better than a BMW and not better than a 335 with a chip, and certainly over-priced just like the S5.

So, I don't know why you keep pushing these subjects where BMW has been the best for many many years.

You sound like Audi trying to teach Porsche how to build cars.
Son, can I call you that because the way you are talking to me reminds me that you are indeed a kid.

For a start the RS4 and M5 are both saloon cars and have as you put it the same purpose, not different. The S5 has a 56/44 bias which while better is not the improvement required for decent track work but as it has awd the shifting of torque to the rear or vice versa copes with this up to a point. The RS4 is a wonderful car but it's not a trackday star and the reason for this is the heavy nose, see my point. If the nose is heavy the car can't hold it's line as well or change direction as crisply, if this applies to the RS4 and S5 then the same is true for the M5 and M6.

I am not giving BMW any advice as they are perfectly capable of producing wonderful cars, like the M3 in all of it's forms. This thread is about which is best, the M5 or the M6 and all things considered the M5 is the easy victor as it's almost as capable on the track, is almost a quick in a straight line and yet is more capable at the job both cars were designed for which is daily transport.

If I had to be blunt about the M6, if it wasn't for the fact that in a straight line it was quicker than an M3 there would be no logical reason for this car at all, the M3 is more spacious, is cheaper to buy and to own and retains more value over a three year period, plus on the track the M3 is the more accomplished performer. I think even T-Bone would agree with this statement, but that's not to say that the M6 isn't an enjoyable car because it is, it has a wonderful engine and looks which are distinctive in a market where most play it safe. But if I happen to be in the market for a two seater coupe in this price bracket there would be quite a few choices ahead of the M6, 997CarerraS, XKR, Audi R8 but to name a few.

That final statement of yours made me laugh

Quote:
You sound like Audi trying to teach Porsche how to build cars
You see, that is what many people believe the R8 has just done.
Appreciate 0