View Single Post
      09-26-2013, 12:37 PM   #12
Wolfinwolfsclothing
Banned
Rep
Drives: E92 ///M3 Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by buildbright View Post
Having this past weekend drove both the 911 C4S and 911 C2S, I wonder why they picked the C4S? To me the C2S is a better car handling wise, and acceleration. Not to mention all three would have RWD to me a better comparo. Wait I know why because they recycle cars for tests.
They picked the C4S because it won this years BEST DRIVER'S CAR comparo.

Ferrari didnt supply a car for that and neither did Chevy, so basically MT said, heres the winner vs the F12 and Vette, lets see what would have happened has Ferrari and Chevy sent cars. And to no surprise they still both lost. The 991 C2S also would have won since it is a little bit sharper than a C4S but either way Porsche is the winner.

Quote:
Originally Posted by F32 View Post
Totally. Anyone who buys a 911 or Corvette instead of an F12 is an idiot. It's a no-brainer.
I do think in this case, money is a determining factor. But the fact that an AWD non GT 911 is a better driving car than a 500K Ferrari says a lot about the 991 platform.

Quote:
Originally Posted by F32 View Post
Recycling of test cars, and for the fact that there are a LOT of people who have been brainwashed into thinking AWD > RWD.

There is not a single example where the AWD version of a RWD car, both otherwise equivalent, performs better in any metric.
Again, the C4S won best drivers car so they wanted to see how the F12 and Vette would have faired if they were available at the time.

And yes, RWD is always going to be more rewarding than AWD, except in this case AWD was better than the RWD cars it faced in best drivers car and this comparo.
Appreciate 0