View Single Post
      06-02-2014, 09:36 AM   #56
P1
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 2004 3/4 ton Duramax

Quote:
Originally Posted by M_Six View Post
The trip home appeared to be perfect today *until* my year-old suitcase showed up on the carousel ripped wide open. They offered to "repair" it. I told the baggage office kid to forget it and started to walk away. Then he stops me and says to wait a minute. He disappears and comes back with a brand new bag that was slightly larger than mine. It at least saved me from worrying about losing stuff, although it's a cheap piece of shit that I'll have to replace before I fly again.
All my luggage is Tumi, and I recently purchased a fresh one about a year or so ago. When the bag a few months ago came off the carousel, it looked like it had become wedged under or crushed by a machine. The Tumi bags are quite solid, but it was definitely damaged beyond what you would expect a baggage handlers negligence to inflict. So I read through the Tumi fine print in the warranty, and they actually warranty ANY kind of damage for the first year. So whether an 18-wheeler drives over it, or it falls from a plane at 20,000 feet, it's covered under warranty. Needless to say, I dropped it off at my local Tumi shop, and received it back fully repaired a week later. Hats off!
Appreciate 0