View Single Post
      09-23-2013, 06:13 PM   #1
GAJA
Enlisted Member
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: X3 F25 MSport 35D

Trade in price or private sale for my 2005 X3 3.0 SE (Petrol)

Hi All,

This is my first post! Looks like a great forum, looking forward to getting stuck in and doing lots of research & helping out when I can!

Need some help please & apologies for longish text...

I'm UK based and have a 2005 3.0 SE Petrol X3 (Highland Green metallic). It doesn't have Nav or a Sunroof but pretty much every other option that was available at that time.

Bodywork is in good condition with no dents or dinks, just one scratch about 30cm on the nearside rear door. Slight kerbing to alloy wheels and interior pretty clean apart from a few surface scratches on the leather from general wear, no tears or rips! Electrics all work as they should and no warning lights are showing on the dash. MOT isn't until next August and it passed the last one with no advisories. Tyres were recently changed & have 6mm tread all round. Really solid car and since serviced recently, goes like stink!

Full BMW service history apart from the last service which was done by an independant, didn't see the point of going to BMW, warranty was finished a long time ago.

Other big plus point, one owner from new, i.e ME! Lastly, very low mileage of 35K! That is almost embarrassingly low for an 8 year old car! In my defence I will say that it's mostly been used for sporadic family trips, DIY & garden centre runs, etc & I've always had a sports car and a bike in the garage, probably why the mileage is so low!

I've just filled in an appraisal form at my BMW dealer for a Part Ex quote, not feeling very optimistic as I know dealers always go in very low. I should find out what they will give me tomorrow...

My main question is, how much do you think mine is worth in a private sale on the UK market? I've started looking on ebay but not many 3.0 petrol ones about for comparison and difficult to get a decent ballpark.

New X3 arrives end of November so I have some time to sell it before then.

Any assistance would be appreciated.

Cheers.

GAJA
Appreciate 0