11-20-2013, 03:37 PM   #3423
ddk632
Chief Senior Executive Managing VP of Orange Sales
United_States
Rep
Drives: 17 BMW F87 M2 6MT MG HBDGR !

Quote:
Originally Posted by IRide View Post
David, I like what you do with that lens. Well done!
Thank you, I appreciate it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by M_Six View Post
Nice shot, David. I have a ton of those two buildings as well. The thing that sucked about that plaza is that gawd awful ugly building to the right. Horrible Stalin-esque architecture. I think with the shot you have I might have cropped into a portrait orientation to get that building out of the picture. The church shot is awesome, though.
Thanks Mark, yeah I actually like the ugly building

When I was there in May, I went to the same plaza and ended up discarding all of my shots because they were horrible. Bad composition, wrong time of day, etc., so this time I went there on a mission to get some good shots. And I've already discarded a bunch from the new set as well. I'm going for quality over quantity now and really trying to only keep the very best (subjective of course) shots and discarding the rest.

Now if it has an African Safari or something similar that is once in a lifetime I might be more conservative with erasing shots! but knowing I will likely be in Boston a bunch more times I'm ok with it.

I actually discarded all of the sunrise shots because I had been walking around in some neighborhood and while there were beautiful trees with red leaves and a nice sunrise with purple and magenta clouds almost the whole sky, I couldn't get to a decent location in time and ended up rushing all my shots where the good elements in the scenery that day just didn't click together in any of my photos.

--

And for the snapshot a little bit of fun with the fisheye while walking around Boston

6D + 8-15L @ ISO 12,800 handheld

Warped Doors by ddk632, on Flickr
Appreciate 0