02-29-2024, 11:33 AM   #27
DanMpower
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M3s and a Red VW

Quote:
Originally Posted by BimmerMan33 View Post
FL5 Type R certainly seems interesting but have you actually driven one?
But also if we get a Type R while keeping the M3, they’ll both serve a similar purpose practically…, if adding a 2nd sporty car would it not make sense to get something more sporty/less practical than the M3? Like.., ND2 Miata or a Cayman of some sort?

I currently have My e92 M3 & a 981 Cayman S, both 6MT. Cayman feels special like a sports car should, if I drive it twice a week, anymore frequently & it starts feeling “normal” plus driving the M3 after the Cayman, M3 feels too soft & not sharp enough!
Just don’t feel like paying so much for the Cayman if I don’t drive it much.. therefore entertaining the thought of replacing the Cayman with a Miata or Type R..
I've driven plenty of FK8s but not an FL5 yet. I come from being a HUGE Honda fan, that's where my car enthusiasm stems from. As soon as the FL5 came out I knew I had to have one eventually, it looks great now and grown up. Never would I buy an FK8 just because I despise the way it looks. The FL5 will be replacing my 135is and being my 2nd car, I think the Type R will be more practical compared to my E92 with the hatch, 4 doors and will probably net me better than 12mpg. So far, the best deal around SoCal is 5k+ Markup. I can wait.
Appreciate 0