03-27-2024, 06:17 PM   #8
hunginator
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2012 BMW 135i E82 DCT

Quote:
Originally Posted by salty8snax View Post
At about 52k miles my oil filter housing cracked while I was driving and dumped all my coolant out. After inspecting it I noticed the water pump had been leaking along with the cooling line that runs into the turbo (probably why my oil housing failed) . I replaced everything with the updated BMW part numbers and haven’t had any issues since. I would highly recommend swapping out the oil filter housing as preventative maintenance if it’s never been done. There’s also a plastic flange that attaches to the engine block underneath the intake. This is the next part that will fail so I would highly recommend swapping it out for a new oem one or ordering an aluminum one off amazon and making a gasket for it since it doesn’t come with one. I replaced mine with the aluminum and haven’t had any issues so far. Only thing I want to do now is replace the hose that connects onto this flange because I could see some cracks forming. Lmk if you need any part #
thanks for this and would love to know what the BMW part #'s are so I can source them myself, and then have my local indy shop perform the labor.
Appreciate 0