12-18-2014, 02:45 PM   #42
OneRib
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 AY M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by fecurtis View Post

Everyone can get upset if they want, I meanwhile will enjoy the hilarity of this entire situation. Because Sony Pictures, a multi-billion dollar corporation, kept a list of sensitive passwords in a directory called "Passwords", they were able to suffer an immense breach in cyber security resulting in giving credibility into a bunch of bumfuck North Korean hackers, typing away in dark rooms on computers that must be God knows how old and/or crappy, allowing Sony and US Theater companies to be intimidated by their comical hyperbolic threats.

And, should military action ever occur (highly doubtful), I'd probably laugh even more because it would mean that a Seth Rogan film has literally started a military conflict.
I agree the underlying message is corporations have been slacking on cyber security for a long time. I have read many articles where security experts keep warning of the danger companies are in and by default the general public. It's plain laziness. You would think after Target, Home Depot, and others have been hacked, changes would be made.

Sony is a victim of a crime, but if one of use left a brand new M car in a sketchy neighborhood unlocked with the keys in it; would anyone really feel bad for the person?
Appreciate 0