Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: ///M235i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joekerr View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW F22 View Post
It was never meant to be a great performance car. If one prfers sporty cars, Lexus isn't it. Lexus makes comfortable cars that are capable of being sporty. They can make sporty cars if they want to (LF-A) but that's not their market.
I understand that, but I can't help being supremely disappointed in Toyota / Lexus.

Toyota produced (eons ago it feels like) sporty cars like the MR-2, Supra, etc that were actually fun to drive, phenomenal engine in the Supra that could be tuned for immense power and now.....nothing. The FR-S doesn't count. No power.

Lexus has the looks, but nothing to back it up - which is why they disappoint me. Because I really believe they could back it up - if they wanted to. So why not - why not put some punch in your brand - I'm not talking a wholesale revision to your go-to-market strategy...just one car that is exciting and fast. Gets people talking and youth interested in your brand.

LF-A is why I said "almost" everything is underwhelming. But then they went and priced it out of the stratosphere so it was almost unobtainable, so they missed the mark on that one too I believe. But I had hope there for them - I thought it might be the start of something.

I even have hopes for this car - the FI version of this car might very well be something exciting. Time will tell.
Yeah I get it. Toyota for the most parts just makes reliable, boring cars nowadays.

Here are some pix I took of the LC500. I really liked the looks of it.
Attached Images

Appreciate 2
TXSTYLE13967.00
supra932494.00