tony20009
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 335i - Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by kumkum View Post

[pics deleted]

I usually eat these food. I know this is not good for my health but what can I do I love eating fast food and chips. My Mom used to repeat this sentence every morning "These are not good for health, you are decreasing your age on your own by eating such unhealthy food. You should eat cereals, salads, fruits, drink milk...". But these cereals and all sounds me irritating. What can I do.
To me, it sounds like you really just like salty food; cereal rarely is salty. Chips and fast food have no shortage at all of salt. There's no way round the fact that the ingredient quality of most fast food is pretty low. Salt is flavor enhancer that that works by opening up the taste buds; MSG is a form of salt that does so to the extreme. In general, salt can make rather flavorless foods seem to actually have flavor and be acceptable to the palate. Alternately, it lets one use less of more expensive seasonings and spices and still get their flavor to come through.

As for the cereals, try eating them with chocolate Silk. It's sweet and I'm guessing you like chocolate milk. I'm not nuts about dry cereal either, but with Silk and raspberries or some other fruit I like with chocolate, I can eat even the most cardboard-like of cereals. I prefer oatmeal with brown sugar and fruit -- white raisins, fresh figs, dried apple, dried mango, dried pineapple, dates, etc. -- as cereals go, and that is one cereal I don't drown in chocolate Silk, but I doubt it would hurt to do so. Another way to get your cereal into your diet is to grind it into meal or powder and use it in place of white flour, which is nothing more than powdered wheat.

There's no denying that cereal is quite bland and in most cases adding salt help. To you, though, I'd suggest -- one time to see if it helps -- adding salt to cereal. It'll have to be a very, very small amount. I suggest this because salt when used in the correct amount cannot be detected in food. Chefs use salt mostly to enhance flavor, not to make food taste salty. (Of course there are things like chips that are meant to taste salty, but most of what we eat isn't meant to taste salty.)

Another alternative to cereal is to eat brown rice, corn, barley, couscous, whole wheat pasta, wild rice and other grains in their non-dried, cooked states. Barley soup, brown and wild rice mixed with some veggies, etc. are all fine. There's no rule that says one must eat all one's complex carbs at breakfast. There's also no rule that says one can't have what we in the west think of as lunch and dinner fare at breakfast. Baked beans are common offerings at breakfast buffets in China.

There's no time of day restriction on eating healthy foods; your body won't care, although it is best to start the day by giving the body some complex carbs and protein to fuel the activity that comes later. That last point being why I eat oatmeal and fish most of the time for breakfast. The sugar gives the quick energy your body will use immediately. The oatmeal and fruit provides the the slowly released energy that gets used progressively over the next few hours. The protein provides the food my muscles need to continue to grow/recover following the prior day's exercise, as well as heal after my workout. (I found that eating fish at breakfast also seems to give me more power and stamina during my a.m. workout.)

All the best and good luck.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
'07, e92 335i, Sparkling Graphite, Coral Leather, Aluminum, 6-speed
Appreciate 0