View Single Post
      07-18-2014, 02:05 PM   #48
tallshortguy
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F30 328i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brunotheboxer View Post
Fine by me except when ever someone starts a thread about a mustang or any other decent car BMW fanbois always bash it.

"It's a mustang". Etc.
You're on a BMW enthusiast forum, of course most people on here prefer BMW's. I'm sure mustang forums will have it's fair share of detractors in German car threads.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vigilante375 View Post
Go to any Chevy/Ford/Subbie/Maza/whatever forum and see what they want for a road course car. Its not going to be a M car, RS car or AMG car. Most people could care less than they can DD their ZOMG M/RS/AMG to the track and back home. Those are the people that just go out and say I have the capability to do those things but hardly ever go to the road course, like ZL1 fan boys.

Its hard, now a days, to find a "bare bones" car since car manufacturers are making more and more useless stuff standard (or have to because of the NHTSA) when it should be an option.

A true drivers car doesn't have all the crap cars come with today.

And yes, being on a BMW forum someone will always throw a M car into mix because nothing beats an M car!
Forum members can say what they want but the truth is in what they're actually paying. Yeah you have plenty of people on here who say they want a stripper M4 and end up getting the exec package, full leather, etc. The same with those enthusiasts. Mustangs, camaros, WRX's, and mazda3's are usually not bought bare by these forum goers. Besides, having modern options does not make a car not a driver's car, that's just a silly way of thinking. Unless it's a dedicated track car, there is little detrimental effect to having modern amenities. The only real one is fixability and reliability of electronics, but that was always going to happen.

Last edited by tallshortguy; 07-18-2014 at 02:15 PM..
Appreciate 0