View Single Post
      12-29-2015, 02:23 PM   #120
SCOTT26
Major General
Rep
Drives: A big F-off German Truck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PopsnBurbles View Post
The i8 is a cool technology exhibit and looks absolutely beautiful on some angles (and hideous in others...but looks are subjective). The i8 really does seem like a car from the future. As for how it drives, I wouldn't know as I've never been behind the wheel of one and I wouldn't mind driving one. It almost seems like a concept car that the masses are allowed to have granted they have 140K USD, I love that aspect most except the 140K USD part.

So SCOTT26, What makes it so special that its name could not be mixed in with the masses we know as the comparatively priced AMG GTS, R8, and possibly even the NSX (I hate this new NSX)? What makes it so immune to getting its name tarnished when a half as expensive Macan Turbo inches over it? What if we change the name Macan Turbo to F82 M4 would that be more acceptable? I guess the big question is...how do you propose for the i8 to be compared to other cars so that people aren't going to be "clueless": in terms of performance? in terms of looks? in terms of price? in terms of technology (please don't give specifics here because if that were the case, no car should be compared to any other car)?

Also, how is the next Z4 coming along?
The i8 is the "What if?" Solution that no one has yet to answer.
The brief was to envelope yourself in a legislative world where the sports car concept demise was imminent.
What would you do to prolong the concept?

The i8 is the answer in regards to using the lowest expectations possible but inheriting the new sustainable philosophy. The genius of i8 is that it is here but it also illustrates future potential which will be explored. It is what it offers for the money, it looks a million dollars and provides the same kind of technology and construction you would find for a million dollars yet it costs a fraction of a million dollars. It is unrivalled in its selective segment but BMW feel i8 is in a class of its own because it dares to be different. It is a showcase of innovation over speed, its design is adapted perfectly for its purpose plus it looks like something someone predicting the future in the year 3000 would come up with but its here now.
Many people dislike the i8 because it is not... But that is the mission of the i8 it is not. It is intentionally not...
But those who do get behind the wheel eventually have a change of faith. The i8 has untapped potential but this is the beginning when someone has to develop the wheel.
The i8 is a Brave New World when everyone else is afraid to step out the door.

The new Z5 is coming along nicely. Think BMWi individuality for sports cars.
Its sharp,futuristic and unlike anything else.
Attached Images