View Single Post
      12-18-2014, 11:11 AM   #8
davis449
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 Audi SQ5

I am at my third job in 2.5 years time...so I have been at "the interview" more than I ever care to. Just so happens I landed two gigs that looked really good from the outside, but once on the inside found out how HORRIBLE they were to actually work for. Somewhere in this process I started to realize that I should be interviewing THEM, not the other way around. My resume speaks for itself and I have worked REALLY hard for everyone who has employed me. I finally found that at this job. I landed it with a 25 minute interview on the phone. Before I knew it I was getting my background check, drug screen, and on a plane to CA for training. I had a feeling about this job and the people during the interview and I really turned it around on my director (who hired me). He didn't ask me any bullshit questions or try to quiz me like the Apple and Google asshats did to you. Trust me, I've wasted hours in interviews showing them my work, giving the correct answers with an abundance of enthusiasm only to be told "after carefully reviewing your resume, we have decided to go with other candidates". And I was never really upset at the fact that I didn't get selected for those jobs, I was just hindsight PISSED they wasted SO much of my time. What I am saying is keep your head up...don't worry about it and don't feel bad that you didn't measure up to their standards. Know your worth.
Appreciate 0