View Single Post
      12-18-2014, 11:58 AM   #14
Whostheboss
Captain
Rep
Drives: a 9incher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billup View Post
That is quite the week, intense high right off the bat and then each seemed to dwindle. Not the best of scenarios, but if you think about it, to me it doesn't sound like I would have wanted to work under any of those people anyways.

Is your current position really high stress? Would these new options have been more?
That's what i said to myself. If the interviews are like this, what will working there be like? I've read some articles on GlassDoor.com about how horrible it can be to work for those companies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASAP View Post
Let me tell you something about interviews...

I have been in a similar position in a short amount of time. There are no rules to this game and the reason they choose to hire you can be without reason and the person they do choose to hire could be the worst person for the job. I have had interviews with so many big name companies and was so dissapointed with all of them that I dont even know where to start. The moment you enter an interview and it is behavior focused instead of job focused, you are probably dealing with idiots who are reading a script and will probably hire the wrong person. I have had many interviews and I can within minutes scope out whether the company / job is complete shit or remotely even worth wasting your time on. Trust me, you have nothing to worry about and better things will come... also Google typically hires the best and the brightest so there are MBAs sharpening pencils... take that for what its worth and if you would really want to work there.
Lol, thanks for the feedback. I know people who aren't as skilled as me (i'm not disrespecting) but they've landed some serious jobs. I'm beginning to think working for someone is not for me.