Quote:
Originally Posted by squishy View Post
Sorry to hear

Look at the bright side...

You still have your 9 inch monster bbc

Many folks can't say that, so be happy every morning you wake up

Quote:
Originally Posted by davis449 View Post
I am at my third job in 2.5 years time...so I have been at "the interview" more than I ever care to. Just so happens I landed two gigs that looked really good from the outside, but once on the inside found out how HORRIBLE they were to actually work for. Somewhere in this process I started to realize that I should be interviewing THEM, not the other way around. My resume speaks for itself and I have worked REALLY hard for everyone who has employed me. I finally found that at this job. I landed it with a 25 minute interview on the phone. Before I knew it I was getting my background check, drug screen, and on a plane to CA for training. I had a feeling about this job and the people during the interview and I really turned it around on my director (who hired me). He didn't ask me any bullshit questions or try to quiz me like the Apple and Google asshats did to you. Trust me, I've wasted hours in interviews showing them my work, giving the correct answers with an abundance of enthusiasm only to be told "after carefully reviewing your resume, we have decided to go with other candidates". And I was never really upset at the fact that I didn't get selected for those jobs, I was just hindsight PISSED they wasted SO much of my time. What I am saying is keep your head up...don't worry about it and don't feel bad that you didn't measure up to their standards. Know your worth.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 954Stealth View Post
So you still have your job now that's great. It is a job that sounds like you enjoy which is a blessing and quite rare if you ask me.

I'm sorry you didn't get the positions for which you interviewed, its not fun hearing the rejection after the hope. But try to look at it positively, honestly and constructively. Use it as a learning experience....What was the certification or the skill they said you lacked? Is there experience with a specific program or platform that they wanted? Is that a role (money aside) that you'd truly like to be in? Yes? Ok then ask yourself what you can do to obtain those skills, experiences, certs. Does your company offer them as part of a career-development program? Do they offer reimbursements for outside courses that pertain to your scope of work?

Essentially what I'm trying to say is you know where you are now career-wise and you like and do well there so you have the foundation and the time. Great! Identify where you want to go from here and develop a plan and the steps to get there. Make a career-development plan for yourself.
Exactly, i'm now gonna start furnishing my skills. Co-incidentally, i was looking into getting a Masters in Engineering just before all these phone calls started coming in. I knew i needed to enhance my skills slightly. But too bad these opportunities came prematurely. Oh well, now i have an idea where i need to focus on.