12-18-2014, 01:11 PM   #20
davis449
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 Audi SQ5

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiddleAgedAl View Post
There are few things in the business world that are more poorly executed on a consistent basis than the recruiting process. It's even worse in some tech fields, where a non-technical HR person who doesnt even understand anything about the role is trying to screen people based on looking for matches of acronyms that they have no clue about.

Frankly, I've come to the conclusion that it's a miracle that anyone ends up in the right spot (and often, they dont, when you see how many folks there are who really suck at what they do).

I've had recruiters contact me out of the blue based on my linkedin profile, and say hey are you interested in this job, then you when you say yes, they end up saying, "oh sorry we're not interested". WTF? Why did you contact me in the first place then ? It's not like my linkedin details changed after you contacted me...

Try not to feel too bad, trust me, it's not you who did a bad job here, it's them.
You fucking nailed this one. Yet ANOTHER thing I've become very familiar with lately. HR depts. are the worst...
Appreciate 0