06-23-2014, 12:59 PM   #45
Taskmaster
Banned
Japan
Rep
Drives: M235i 6MT / E92 328 Msport 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3-S65 View Post
Just the accountants finding a way to keep the corporate heads paychecks increasing at the expense of the consumer...
Couple things...

1. The way it is now BMW is stuck if you have problems with your car and you followed their maintenance program. It is logged into their computer and they have to honor their warranty unless you obviously modded it. BMW cannot possibly argue that the engine or transmission crapped out due to you not maintaining it. The new program gives them a gray area which they want, it forces the used car buyer to keep all records and creates a gray area for BMW to argue that it was done incorrectly or not even done.

2. It's a downgrade, BMW has been known for the free maintenance forever. Downgrades make consumers consider other options....glad I am not part of the New M downgrades. I am also glad I still have the upgraded high revving V8, and a manly exhaust note...I love it...all this is going to make our Ms hold their value...

I think this was from dealers complaining they weren't making enough on maintenance. I'm expecting those intervals to change as well.
Appreciate 0