07-09-2013, 12:29 PM   #1038
Bingobimmer
Captain
Rep
Drives: e90 n54

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by MediaArtist View Post
I think Kobe could be like Jordan and be effective until he's 40. That being said, he may want to leave sooner. Pau is old, but I still think his struggles aren't his age, it's operating under a non-triangle offense. Pau isn't getting the touches he was getting under Phil Jackson. D'Antoni's offense is even worse for Pau since it requires fast, young, athletic players to operate. That's why the entire Lakers team was in the hospital for the Spurs series, D'Antoni literally grinded these old men into the ground, especially Kobe.

If Kobe and Pau stay, D'Antoni needs to leave, and Phil needs to come back. Otherwise, I could see Kobe and Pau fighting injuries against and the lakers getting wiped out in the 1st round.
I definitely agree. Kobe could stand out and shoot 3s until he turned 50 especially for a team like the heat, but that's not kobe he has to be a part of the core. I think D'Antoni is a problem, but not the biggest one. I would like to see them bring Phil back next year, but after the way they treated him I don't know if he'd return.

2011 e92 335iSSSS Black
Appreciate 0