View Single Post
      07-16-2023, 11:37 AM   #1
cotmfk
Major General
Rep
Drives: M3

Sugar - how to avoid

Hey all - been watching some documentaries on sugar lately, and how bad it is for you in many ways (i.e., it's more than just making you fat). I'm living in the US, and it seems to be injected into everything. Added sugar in things that don't even need sugar at all, etc.

So, the question I have for people - give me some good strategies for reducing sugar intake. I'm not talking complete elimination, but significant reduction. Obviously, I'm quitting the soda... whether it's "regular" (tons of sugar) or "diet" (cancer-causing fake sugar) - it's bad for you. Quitting candy, cake, ice cream, etc. Those are the first steps.

But, give me some brands, stores, etc. that focus on less sugar in products. For example, how is Subway healthy when their bread is legally classified as a pastry in some countries because it has so much damn sugar added to it?

Any grocery store strategies? I'm starting by trying to "stick to the outside of the store," meaning trying not to buy the pre-packaged, pre-made, boxed stuff.

Thanks in advance...
M4Tejas797.00