View Single Post
      04-17-2014, 04:50 PM   #22
KwlAznKid
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: BMW/MERCEDES/PORSCHE

Quote:
Originally Posted by BEM-S4 View Post
Guys - one thing to keep in mind (not helpful here but maybe in the future) is that going through eBay as opposed to just Paypal they cover all of this crap. Yes you pay a fee, but in this instance the following would happen: buyer would get reimbursed, seller would receive damaged item back, take to police station for police report since over $300 (i think what the threshold is) and eBay would reimburse seller for the entire sale amount. I had to do that once and while it took a little time it saved me a ton of money.
interesting idea, never heard about that before

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtron View Post
that's actually cool. hope he doesn't jack it up if he ships it. it's nice to know paypal is trying to play fair with you.
yea hope so too.. this has just been a pain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maestro View Post
Gee, another one, we all worried about being scammed, but you have to wonder when someone immediate files a claim with paypal without first communicating with the seller. If you buy something off a retailer and there was problem do you immediately call your CC company and fill a fraud claim, of course you will not since the CC company will ask you for all kinds of proof you were defrauded, Paypal seems to have made it easily for people to say they are not paying.

Personally there is no reason for a person to immediately file a claim they have time to do that. If buys is has not reached out to you first and try to resolve it they are trying to pull a fast one somehow. They may not be a professional scammer but just read the thread about the M3 brake and see what happens.
exactly, I have received items that were not as claimed or whatever but I always communicate with the seller first, I've only filed paypal claim ONCE and that was because well.. the guy never shipped the item out period! when I received the e-mail for paypal claim on me I immediately thought I was getting scammed since I wasn't even aware that the item was "damaged"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maestro View Post
Ah come on, all I need is name which is not common and a town they live in and we on our way.
Appreciate 0