Thread: DASH Design
View Single Post
      03-18-2012, 10:57 AM   #13
CWK
Rep
Drives: Porsche 911

Hey thanks everyone for your comments. First, I will take your advice on the new 911, Im buying a new c2s and no one has ever taken the time to give me a straight answer although ive also never ordered a car from porsche - i usually just bought what was on the dealer's floor (too impatient).

My point about these dumb design decisions is that 1) MOST people cant stand them and more importantly 2) car designers could satisfy everyone by making the devices retractable.

I dont know anyone that thinks the 6's stunning interior is enhanced by the stupid screen. You're not supposed to be looking at the stupid thing as it is. Everything you need to when you are driving is directly in front of you. I was at the dealership again this morning whimpering over the fact that I just cant tolerate the immature design decisions that simply disgust me. Its not like wired tail lights - you have to stare at this part of the car for the next 3 years. I cant do it. I'll bet all of you this dumb pandering to the skater-boy-tuner constituency will lead to a real deterioration of BMWs key market and brand integrity.
Appreciate 0