View Single Post
      05-14-2013, 09:41 AM   #243
norsairius
Foodie and Gearhead
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 335i xDrive Sedan

Garage List
I've been very fortunate to have some nice cars, some of which were paid for by my parents because they upgraded their cars or my brothers got their licenses, etc.

In order:
-1992 Honda Accord sedan (this thing was quite fun, rode low to the ground and was back when Hondas weren't as boring as they are today)
-1999 Nissan Altima
-2005 Nissan Altima
-2008 Volkswagen GTI
-2009 Subaru WRX (had a catback exhaust on this, sounded so good, especially in tunnels and it was reaaaaal fast)
-2010 Volkswagen GTI (I just missed having that "German" feel to a car)
-2012 Volkswagen CC
-2009 BMW 328i xDrive (current car)

I've driven and test driven plenty of cars. The Nissan 350Z and 370Z were my "humble" dream cars since the 350Z came back as a 2003 model. I've driven the 350Z on a few occasions and the 370Z as well (goodness it was quick!), but the balance and handling of the 3-series really doesn't have me feeling like I missed out on the Z at all even though it's noticeably slower in a straight line.

I will admit though, the F30 has me concerned about the fun factor of the 3-series. Fortunately, I won't be in the market to replace my car for a while. My fiancee on the other hand, will probably be ready for a new car by around next summer and I really want to get her in to a BMW, so we'll see! I'm hoping BMW will have done some kind of mid-cycle refresh or something by then to at least deal with the steering feel. That's the one thing that bothers me the most about the F30.