View Single Post
      11-05-2021, 03:30 PM   #31
M3R1
Colonel
Rep
Drives: ///M2cs

Quote:
Originally Posted by 94jedi View Post
So knowing these platforms as well as you do - For a non-daily (weekend/occasional track car) what would be your pick between an 18-19 SS 1LE vs a M2 Comp? Both manual...?
I would encourage you watch this:

Between the two, the SS1LE has a better chassis and suspension (stock for stock). If the emphasis is on faster lap times, likely most big tracks would favor the SS. Perhaps tighter tracks would level the playing field a bit. The higher speed stability is where the SS really shines.

The comp is probably 9/10 of the camaro stock but can be made better with a more sorted suspension (enter M2cs). The M2cs suspension settles the car down a bit, so I would expect a good set of coilovers would do the same.

If money is not a factor and fun on track is the most important characteristic then the M2c would be my choice. They will both can make you giggle and get you in trouble on the street. We are comparing cars with enormous ability, much higher than can be safely exploited on the street. Both are similar in speed.

There is no comparison when it comes to which car you would rather be in. The BMW is just a perfect mix of old school and modern tech, the camaro is definitely the best GM has done with the nameplate. For the record I have had 6 camaro Z28/SS's so I should know.

I know this is a BMW site, but I have been as unbiased as possible. I grew up with camaro's and they have a special place in my heart.

In short M2c all day... Sorry GM, we had a good run...