07-01-2014, 08:11 PM   #9
wakeboarder109
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: in High Country

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle B View Post
I have an '87 325iS. $7500 for the car, if truly pristine, is most definitely a good deal. E30 prices are increasing and really don't show much sign of slowing down, unless you're talking about an '84 or '85 318i. Those cars are good for scrap, or shells.

I used to buy good, clean, running 325e cars for a grand. Now a grand gets you an aforementioned shell. The cars I used to buy for a grand are now two and three times that. E30s are old, and the older they get the more the herd gets thinned out so to speak. Finding a really clean E30 is fairly difficult these days.

82,000 miles is incredibly low. He could probably go out on the open market and get 10, maybe more for that car (again, assuming it's pristine as described).

Have any pictures of the car?
I was actually talking to him about that today and he was saying he really wants it to go to an enthusiast as opposed to just putting it on the open market for top dollar. If I get a chance I will take some pictures tomorrow. I was looking it over tonight and its amazing how clean it is for the year.
Appreciate 0