View Single Post
      11-04-2023, 07:45 PM   #67
zx10guy
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2013 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldgixxer View Post
Than you for the support it's very much appreciated,funny you mentioned the damn port. I had the Mayo Clinic in Jacksonville do the port#1 install,started my chemo 2 days later and port had to come out and a new one installed due to "a blood vessel being nicked" which led to a massive hematoma. That was port #1. Port #2 has been good to go since 9/29 and the other nite it started to ooze puss from the 99.9% healed incision.

Port#2 is now infected,cannot be used for chemo and has to come out. As you're aware,an infection is not good when you're immune system is compromised from chemo treatments.

Port#3 is scheduled to go in this monday,and port#2 is being removed. I F'n swear I have the worst luck. Im simply beyond upset and angry,this is kinda the straw that broke the camels back,so to speak. I'm about ready to say fuck the chemo and I'll just take my chances from here.

I've officially hit rock bottom everybody,I think I'm done&gonna tap out
Damn brother. You and I have had similar paths. I've had two ports put in too. I didn't need a third though. The first one my CRC surgeon tried to get it in. I was babbling when I was being wheeled out of the OR and I thought things were done; until I got the news. He for some reason couldn't get the blasted port in.

So I got sent to a radiologist that did a guided port install. I don't remember what scan machine they used. But they used that to make sure the port got placed correctly. They used "twilight" anesthesia so I was pseudo conscious during the entire procedure.

I now have matching scars....one on the right and one on the left.

Can't believe your second one got infected. I assume they have been flushing your port with saline and injecting heparin into the port?

I don't know if I can help you much further but if you need to talk to someone that's been there, feel free to hit me up via PM and we can exchange phone numbers.
Appreciate 2
Oldgixxer1948.50
RickFLM410991.00