01-11-2024, 01:52 PM   #60
440i6MT
Brother
Rep
Drives: 2017 440i, soon E60 M5 Manual

Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cortexiphan View Post
It's not something to agree or disagree on.
It's happening, it will happen.

Also, mining cobalt and lithium is bad for environment, but not nearly as bad as hundreds of millions of cars constantly putting exhaust gas in the air. Not even a percent of that. If you don't believe me, get in a garage, close the door, and turn on your engine. It's really not that great. Or, you can just pickup an elementary school science textbook to learn about greenhouse effect.

And 'no one wants these cars'? Seriously? Seems like you're getting your science & market news from political outlets.
No. No one wants these cars.

Before you throw data at me (sales figures), the holistic point I'm making is no one wants an artificial, state-controlled market. We want a free market. In a free market, we might hypothetically arrive at 17% of all vehicles being EV. I assume you like having options & being able to choose the vehicle you can drive, the clothes you wear, the food you eat, etc... This is not the Soviet Union.

I'm actually looking forward to the day blue clothing is outlawed in the name of an agenda, rather than allowing the free market to create its own sustainable alternatives. That sounds like a bright future.

Allow the free marketplace of ideas and information to flourish, and if the populace deems electric cars a viable option, so be it. If they do not, so be it. Let the people decide, not a small elected (or appointed) bundle of bureaucrats decide policy affecting millions of people.

Hey, it's all just realpolitik 101
Appreciate 8