05-03-2015, 11:48 PM   #259
Rexpelagi
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: Depends - What day is it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richbot View Post
Yeah but winning a match tour just means he's good at math.

Though beating Jadrice at math is no mean feat
Heads-up racing - Jadrice has a 2015 GT now. No math needed!

His plan is to go to ESP with the 2015, but he may stay in FS for awhile.

I was able to put some good runs in the morning on Saturday which ultimately got me the win. In the afternoon he was faster by 0.15s, but the new format is day 1 morning best plus day 1 afternoon best, so I ended with a slight advantage overall. Day 2 sets the qualifying order for the shootout now, and has nothing to do with day 1 times. Effectively it is 2 separate events.

Here's my fastest run from the weekend (Sunday the same course was faster by about 0.7s for whatever reason - this run is 0.13s slower than Jadrice's fastest run - also on Sunday). There was definitely room for improvement - there were a lot of places to set yourself up for failure on the course and it was hard to get every one right.

This is the first time I've seen the 2015's run and I was very impressed with their pace. Jadrice is running a very minimal setup right now (camber and tires basically) and the car was flying (although no doubt much of that is him ). Still, I didn't expect the 2015 to be *that* fast basically out of the box. David was also laying down some very fast times in his 2015.

There is some work to do. I had to run a different setup than Sean and I ran in San Diego to get the car working at NCM, but the lot surface is very smooth and atypical. Also, I tried the 265/275 stagger and I don't think it is working as well. My second set will be 275 square, matching Sean's. I also think I will re-examine exhaust options. I had a set of deletes made up but they are too loud for me to drive to events with, and the factory muffler system is way too painful to install on-site. Currently the only thing not stock on my car is the Dinan front bar (along with the wheels and tires).

Still, overall I'm very happy - amazing competition and a great result for the first event in the car.
2016 GMC Canyon Diesel - Towing / DD

Last edited by Rexpelagi; 05-04-2015 at 12:08 AM..
Appreciate 1