05-04-2015, 07:23 AM   #261
Rexpelagi
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: Depends - What day is it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSBM5 View Post
Congrats John! Right at the end it looks like you pulled up to Dick's 2015 (local club friend) perhaps.

So you were running the RE-71R in 265/35-18 and 275/35-18? Interesting to hear comments on stagger as I'm reluctant to try 275/295 just for that reason.

Is your Dinan front bar their new design that is tubular and adjustable? (just curious as I'm using the older, solid non-adjustable one). If so, do you have any thoughts on the range of adjustment vs desired setup?

Regards,
Chuck
Chuck,

Yep, that is Dick! I ran with him at many events last year too.

It is tricky to compare using experiences on totally different lots over a thousand miles away from each other, but based on what I remember the car had much better turn-in but was still balanced on the square setup. We were able to run full stiff on the Dinan bar and it still felt great. In contrast, I had to go to full soft on the Dinan bar to get the stagger working.

Yes - we both have the adjustable version. Especially with the stock suspension still in place it is nice to have a way to adjust the car for various surfaces. The adjustment does make a difference too.
2016 GMC Canyon Diesel - Towing / DD
Appreciate 1