08-27-2014, 01:08 PM   #13
Mike_L
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 335xi GT M-Sport MPPK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky13 View Post
Dude, ever hear of a Toyota 4 Runner. American trucks are crap compared to Toyota. You can put 300,000 miles on a Toyota and yes the 4 Runner is body on frame. I wouldn't own a Gov't Motor vehicle because it would be in the shop 50% of the time for recalls. If your going to make a statement back it up with some evidence or statistics. Look at the resale value of Toyota trucks and SUV's and the case is closed. Check out how many 4 Runners are available with 150,000 to 300,000 in the used car market because they run forever with very few problems. I'm don't currently own a Toyota but my son has owned a Tacoma, F J Cruiser and now his second 4 Runner and zero problems and 3 of them had over 90K miles. If it were me I'd look at a Highlander, decent gas milage, seats 7 and Toyota quality and resale value. By the way, he's not buying a pick up truck.
Yes, I've heard of the 4Runner. Ever try to sit in the 3rd row of one? Its in no way Full Size and is a sorry excuse for a 7 seater. If you want to talk about Recalls, better check your data first before bringing Toyota into the conversation. Toyota is the most recalled vehicle manufacturer in the world. Then comes Honda, then comes Ford. GM isn't until 4th, even with these huge new recalls.

I stand by my statement. Full size, 7 passenger has to be American. And it has to have 8 cylinders and AWD.
Appreciate 0