View Single Post
      11-04-2014, 09:46 AM   #10
ZilberGrau ZHP
Captain
Rep
Drives: 435GC MGray, 330 ZHP (Wifes),

Quote:
Originally Posted by IEDEI View Post
that's nothing...when i had inquired about ordering a 135i back in 2008...it was 6-8 month backlog for orders....

the real reason the 2er is in low supply is not demand...it's because of i3 production going up and the factory has been retooled for that car's increased production demands. the 2 isn't selling anyways so it's no real loss for BMW.
Well I guess we will see as neither of us know if that was lagging 1 series sales as they quit making them- or new 2 series sales that spiked double digit growth
but I am thinking it is because of the 2 series. My wifes 135i Convertible was retail at 52k- her new M235 on order is 55k and the M235 is a better car by every metric you could list. The 3 series is just too big (perfect for many but not so much for the MANY that have bought 3 series in the past because of their smaller size being a major factor) But we will see how it shakes out but the 2 series is a very important car to BMW and I predict the M2 will be the hit of the M cars (next to the amazing M4 which may be the best of all current M's.)
Appreciate 0