View Single Post
      08-04-2014, 06:58 AM   #138
doug_999
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2011 1M/2021 992/2023 X3

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattBianco View Post
Best bit of info I have received. Thanks. The last time I had a bimmer was in Japan at the dawn of smartphones. The next vehicles States side were MBZs which handled phone well for their era.

That features went away with iOS7 maintains optimism for me in that BMW needs to merely address firmware to catch up.

Do you know about rumors that 2015 models will have yet a different media system that will be compatible with CarPlay, and that the current F15 won't handle CarPlay?
Here is what I know...unless you (and I, and others) complain to BMW about the lack of iPhone integration (as noted, rumor has it both blackberry and droid work better), they probably won't fix it On that note, remember you can go to bmwusa.com and login and download new updates for your system that you upload via USB key (I have not checked recently if they have updated it). You will need the last 5 of your vin.

As for CarPlay, I have not heard any rumors. Alas, BMW is notorious for requiring a new car for the new features. You never know, they might surprise you, but I would be that you will need a 2016 BMW (yea, I suspect that it won't be out with the new 2015s but maybe a late addition?). Just a guess. Crazy smart (and determined) people here have gotten all sorts of new stuff to work with their old BMWs so there will be someone out there that will figure it out!

On a final note, don't forget that Amazon Music Services work with the iDrive/BMW Apps. It used to be only MOG (and they went bye bye). This was a nice surprise earlier this summer.
Appreciate 0