07-27-2013, 11:32 PM   #97
tdizzle
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 F80 ZCP

Quote:
Originally Posted by jphughan View Post
You know, it actually could be that the 10K interval is the result of bean counters for the reasons stated above, especially given the annual oil change policy as well. I got an oil change when I hit the 1-year mark even though I was only 2000 miles shy of the mileage mark, and apparently BMW's policy for time-based oil changes is that they do NOT reset the service indicator, so 2000 miles later I got yet another free oil change due to mileage.
+1

I thought the ultimate service provided for oil changes every 12 months regardless of mileage? I read the fine print and that was my conclusion and my dealer changed it free of charge at 12 months even though I only had 7k miles or so. They didn't reset 'clock' either. It always said December so I plan on getting another oil change this winter even though I wont hit the mileage.

Basically, I'll end up with 2 oil changes before hitting the 15k or whatever is recommended. My car says 8k miles till next change or December (8k more miles would put me at just shy of 18k miles, but I'll have more like 13k when I get it changed for the 2nd time)
Appreciate 0