View Single Post
      10-28-2014, 04:17 PM   #66
Uber V8
Volcano Knuckles
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 Camaro SS 1LE

Glad this came back up!

I know we all have battled extreme sleepiness during a staff meeting at one point or another, this one was the worst for me.

So, I work as a record producer outside of work and we had a rather very late session the night before til about 3am. I'm going on about 4 hours of sleep and we have a staff meeting smack dab in the afternoon after I just had my lunch.

It was a perfect storm, just had some bomb ass tacos and horchata and the content of the meeting was an update on Federal Regulations and compliance, extremely boring complex stuff.

I'm in that zone were you doing anything and everything to keep your eyes open. Trying to think of funny and exciting things to keep me going, nothing is working and I'm going to lose this battle.

What happens next? I fell into a micro sleep (a sleep so sudden that you didn't know you even fell asleep) and somehow I awoke with "MMMMMmmmmmmmm" sound out of my mouth almost like moaning during pure silence in the room!

My heart began PUMPING with adrenaline as I came to and realized what just transpired. The person speaking paused to ask me if everything was okay and I nodded like yea, go on as though I had been paying attention.

My coworkers now have a running joke when they see me and say "MMMMMmmmmm" LOL
Appreciate 0