View Single Post
      04-22-2013, 04:59 PM   #42
paradoxical3
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by tranquility View Post
Haha, there you go again. I'm just using GQ as an example, but you just had to (again) impose your supposedly sartorial superiority to us mere mortals. I don't go around saying stuff/dissing ppl even though I have a decent business wardrobe and know what I'm doing. I'm not pedantic like you, I go w/ what looks good, not nit-picking nonsense. I don't need to see your cites, this is not a court case. :facepalm:

I disagree w/ your brown tie on dark suit suggestion. Regardless of your posts' contents, obviously your delivery leaves A LOT to be desired.
Go back and read my edited post, I softened it up for you

I'm not superior, I just know more about this particular topic.

Mostly through trial and error, unfortunately. I wasted a lot of money on shitty suits, shoes, ties, etc. I have an embarrassing list of mistakes, actually - $250 on Bostonians, $200 on Johnston and Murphys, $900 on a Hugo Boss suit, $500 on Joseph A Banks, hundreds of dollars on Brooks Brothers non slim fit shirts, my first suit being a black suit which I quickly learned was barely ever appropriate to wear, etc, etc.

I'd rather the OP didn't make the same mistakes - which he will if he listens to most posters here. It's pretty funny that you're even disputing this - just step outside in any city and take a quick look around. Most people don't have well fitting suits.

Last edited by paradoxical3; 04-22-2013 at 05:07 PM..
Appreciate 0