View Single Post
      04-25-2014, 12:08 PM   #23
Mavus
Colonel
Rep
Drives: E90 335i, F80 zcp

Quote:
Originally Posted by zer0cool View Post
So I currently have an idea of my ideal car. However I just don't know if such a car even exists... Since you guys on the board are generally very knowledgeable and have experience with many cars, I want to hear your opinions...

So here are the important characteristics (I ll comment on most of them with cars I have driven or know about as to provide some concrete examples):
1. Generally looks good outside (I think the 5 series looks great for example, so it would satisfy this requirement, really most BMW, Audi, Lexus and Mercedes E, CLS, S, or the new C that are >40k meet this requirement)
2. Generally nice inside (I think Lexus GS Fsport, 5 seires with Nappa leather, are nice enough, 3 series is not good enough, any Dakota leather is not good enough)
3. Transports 4 adults comfortably (I want a sedan or 4 door coupe, must have 4 doors)
4. Somewhat quick (<5s 0-60 would be satisfactory), the earlier torque the better (really would like to feel good acceleration under normal driving conditions, which I define as not going above 5k rpm)
5. Ride quality is good (Lexus GS, 5 series, 7 series, Mercedes E, 3 series, all have really good to acceptable ride quality)
6. Fairly quiet while cruising (5 series, Lexus GS are both OK, 2014 335i M sport is just OK, just on the threshold, obviously the quieter the better, idealy quieter than the Lexus GS)
7. Good exhaust sound when accelerating (335i Msport is good enough)
8. Good interrior space (5 series good, 3 series maybe a little too small)
9. Good audio (Harmon Kardon is good)
10. Good steering and handling (335i Msport is good, 5 series or Lexus GS not OK)

Importan consideration is cost... M5 for example is out of range, so is 650i GC. Let's say below 80k.

So what do you guys think? Does such a car exist? I wonder if the new M3 would ride well enough or would be at least as quiet as the 335i... Has anyone driven the Audi S6? Does it steer/handle better than the 550i? Does it compare in terms of steering/handling with the 335i?

Really my only issue with the 550i is that it feels heavy and just doesn't steer/handle that well... Like I have more fun drivingg a 335i M sport but the 335 is not nice enough inside, and a little small, and maybe just a tid bit not fast enough...

Looking forward to your opinions, thank you!
535i, 740i + tune ... might be the best value for brand oriented customers besides Tesla. Loads of tq, style, space, comfort.

Tesla S is wickedly fast and if the range is not a limiting factor should be #1 on your list.

Last edited by Mavus; 04-25-2014 at 12:15 PM..
Appreciate 0