07-26-2013, 07:49 PM   #45
tony20009
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 335i - Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team Plutonium View Post

Let me ask you this... if you get diagnosed with lung cancer next week, are you gonna quit then, or are you just gonna ride it out to the end?

Stop cold turkey now before it fucks up your life and you die.
Diagnosed next week? I'd keep smoking if it wasn't too painful to do so. Most folks thusly diagnosed don't last m ore than a year, or at least that's my understanding. I'm hardly going to quit smoking for the sake of something only very slightly more than a year, if it even amounts to that.

As far as living a long time goes, I'm fine if I do; I'm fine if I don't. My only real desire in that regard is to live 8 more years at the least so that my youngest child is 25 before I go.

The only reason I need to live that long -- IMO -- is so my ex-wife doesn't get any share of my estate, and instead my kids get it all. My divorce settlement allows her 1/6th of my estate (not including family heirlooms, assets and cash and cash equivalents passed to me from my ancestors) for each child under 25 should I per-decease her and them. If they give her anything of their own volition, I don't have an issue with that, for she still their mother and loves them just as do I. But for now, she' got herself a rich husband and they don't need my money as far as I'm concerned.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
'07, e92 335i, Sparkling Graphite, Coral Leather, Aluminum, 6-speed
Appreciate 0