View Single Post
      09-14-2013, 12:49 PM   #29
ToyotaBMW
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Whitetintedwindows

Quote:
Originally Posted by SomeRandomer123 View Post
Absolutely not, but I'm not having this discussion with you if you're just going to sensationalise everything and attempt to paint me out as the bad guy.

I am relaying facts from the company's liability perspective, and from this point of view, I fail to see how BMW are responsible when they have explained the system and scenario.
I am not pinpointing you but just because BMW puts a notice in the manual doesn't mean that they are not responsible if it is a design fault.

In my opinion this feature should absolutely not be there. If a robber is going to break the window than he really wants something in the car. He doesn't nee to open the door he can just reach in through the window and get it. One of these cases is way too much, and I rather have robbers breaking the window and opening a door than have a few of these cases.

Sometimes the parents leave the kid in the car and leave it unlocked but when they put the keys in the purse or pockets it may hit something and lock it by accident without even the parent noticing. Then this is where this feature becomes the problem.
Appreciate 0