View Single Post
      03-28-2022, 11:52 AM   #63
nsogiba
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2009 E92 M3 6MT Interlagos

Update: Big life changes.

Sold my 2009 E90 335i last fall and picked up a 2016 X5 F15 35i Xdrive (I hate that naming system). It's unstoppable in all weather, fun to drive, and very comfortable. I threw on an MHD Stage 1 OTS tune, a BMS intake, and some big ole all terrain tires for the winter.

The reason for the new daily was our latest addition to my family, my son, who was born in early February. My daughter (now almost 2) got her first car ride ever in the M3 home from the hospital. Although weather didn't allow me to take him home in the M3, he did get his first car ride in the X5, so both kids are bona fide BMW fans from Day 1.

Luckily the weather broke recently so I was able to get the car out of storage and give him his first proper ride.

I installed a new battery in the M3 as the old one was original. Need to have a buddy code the car to update some features and register the battery.

I also replaced the CR2032 battery in the fob since the car was saying the remote battery was low. The fob promptly stopped working. I spent 30 mins reading threads about syncing the fob and just for fun checked the battery to make sure I installed it correctly. Did you know that watch batteries won't work if the plastic protective sticker is still applied? :facepalm:

Open velocity stacks on this car still sound demonic. I can't think of a better sounding internal combustion engine.

Finally, I pulled the turbo 6.0 LS/4L80E out of my Crown Vic Police Interceptor and scrapped that car. It was starting to get pretty crusty underneath and I pretty much broke even selling good body panels, doors, glass, interior parts, etc.

The motor/trans are going into the new project, a 1984 Jaguar XJ6.

Plans for the next few months:

M3 needs an oil change, brake fluid flush, and probably some aggressive pads before a track day at PittRace in June with the BMW GVC CCA. Haven't done a track day since late 2018 in my C5 Corvette, so to say I'm excited is an understatement.

X5 needs an oil change, new plugs, and will continue to just be enjoyed.

XJ6.0 should be done by mid summer. Lots of burnouts and cruising.

2009 E92 M3 | 6MT | Interlagos Blue
Progress Thread

2016 F15 X5 35i | 8AT | Sophisto Grey

Last edited by nsogiba; 03-28-2022 at 12:04 PM..
Appreciate 2
AdonM3121.00