View Single Post
      07-24-2013, 09:59 PM   #69
111R
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: Lotus

Quote:
Maybe leasers don't care, but I have always wondered why any owner would leave oil in an engine for 15K+ miles, especially on a car like a BMW. This change to shorter intervals (on basically the same engines many of us have), reinforces the belief that the earlier 15K+ change intervals were too long. Also suggests that BMW may have been having some complaints about engine damage that they traced to the long drain intervals.
This guy nails it, as I keep my cars for 10-15 years and thought that the recommended intervals were a bit long. I have had oil analysis done and for my engine and driving conditions (turbocharged + lots of city/suburban driving), the shortened intervals I've used are vindicated by the results. Those of you who drive more highway miles will have no problem extending your intervals.
'17 Audi A4 Ultra, Monsoon Grey, Wife's car
Appreciate 0