Thread: Tesla Model 3
View Single Post
      07-16-2014, 04:20 PM   #33
chumley
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2009 335

Assuming this comes in closer to $50k, that's still no more than a moderately well-equipped 4cyl 3 series costs. I would absolutely consider this. A good friend has a Model S and while it's not perfect, it is amazing for a first effort from a new company. Sit in one and have someone who knows the car run through the tech and you'll find your iDrive laughable. While I don't think the interior is quiet up to the $80k-$100k alot of these sell for, it's as much because they tend to embrace a more Scandinavian, minimalist approach. I've both driven and ridden in them and I never thought any part of it felt cheap. They are never gonna look busy or ornate. I see them more Volvo in that regard.

I drive 5-6 miles to work each way, maybe 20-30 miles on the weekends. On the rare occasion we travel and don't fly, we take my wife's X5. I would be a perfect candidate for this. I could go a week or more on a charge and never have to buy a drop of gas and have almost no maintenance. It would fit into my daily driver + project or track car scenario perfectly!

MHD flash, DCI, BMW PE, ETS FMIC, Powerflex, SWS8xi's, VMR 803's in Solar Rain, LUX V4
Appreciate 0