07-11-2013, 10:08 AM   #69
wdeerfield
A family of bimmers
United_States
Rep
Drives: '18 G01 X3M40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkoesel View Post
It is entertaining to see the outpouring of emotion that results from the impact the marketing industry has on us. So many people with such dedication to the messages that advertising campaigns implant in their brains. But the real neat part is how methodically they can get you to pull a 180 which is what will happen with this vehicle as it fills up US roadways next year.
I think the main problem BMW enthusiasts have with all these random models is that it is diluting the brand and now BMW is cross shopped with hyundai and now even Chevy. Not only do those cars have more tech, they are standard options! I cant believe a 50k car has halogen lights and its $1k for xenons that come standard on an accord. Introducing a car that fills the needs of EVERYONE is not what BMW should be about. They should be about their "ultimate driving machine". Now its just to fill voids and squeeze as much profit out of the roundel they can. Im not a fan of the lines in the new 3er and that has since been extended to the 5er. Gone are the days of just choosing the options you want. Next we'll see cars badged to let people know what line it is, just like LT, LTZ, Z71.. etc.. i can see it now, 335iSL. They've gotten m badge happy with the m-sports, itll trickle down to the SL, ML, LL next. They've already started to ruin the C-pillar on the AH3, AH5. Now they even have "Gran Coupe" in the glass on the side window.