01-08-2010, 09:59 AM   #45
Mark M
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: E30M3 E83X3 E90335D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkeye View Post
I would say you are a tool if you sue BMW for the airbags not opening. You walked away from driving off a cliff, 400 feet and tumbling with no major injuries. That is a very safe vehicle any way you put it. If you got hurt more or something bad happened because they didn't open then go for it but if you just want to do it for the money you're a pretty good example of what is wrong with society today.

Agree 110%. Firstly the OP does not convey a depth of experience or education. Most experienced drivers always keep up with situational awareness and use that data as input to driving decisions. Knowing there were severe cliffs around me, I would NEVER swerve to avoid an animal. Nine times out of ten, you are better to hold your course, brake hard, and impact the animal than trying to do some crazy evasive manuver. Second, education, I've always beleived that if you want people to take you seriously, you have to act serious and professional yourself. Do us a favor, objectively read over your first post. Do you feel it was written in such a way that would cast yourself in the best light?

Just saying. And yes, you are very lucky to be alive. Count your blessings for that. The car did save you. Don't go seeking a lawsuit.
Appreciate 0