View Single Post
      04-28-2010, 07:18 AM   #108
hayabusa55
Private
Rep
Drives: 07 335i Sedan

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpmnE9zero View Post
hmmmm, I will look into this. Thanks for the insight. I should pick some of this stuff up relatively well, I think for a while it is all about flexibility and stretches tho correct?
For me it was straight to punching and kicking on the first day. They paid a bit more attention to me since I was new, but other than that, there's little else.

I think most Muay Thai schools do three 3-min rounds or so of warm up. Jump rope, bouncing on a tire, shadow boxing...
Quote:
Originally Posted by coh4777 View Post
Which of the workouts would you guys say has the least injury risk? Not to sound like a wuss, but I'd love to get into some MMA training but I can't afford to get myself injured.
Depends on the school. Like someone else said, some instructors/students are rough, others less so. Don't go training with the Diaz brothers.

We work pads a lot, so I haven't had more than a few bruises (from when people miss, which doesn't happen often) but I'm planning on moving up to the next level, where you spar with others in the ring. Yay!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hedges View Post
If you want workout without injury than go to the gym for weight training / cardio exercises / core work outs etc etc
Boring.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW_TT View Post
Just watch the Bas Rutten videos for bar fights
Indispensable advice.
Appreciate 0