12-17-2014, 08:59 PM   #177
Ezio
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2023 Alfa Romeo, 2023 m240i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powerslide View Post
Could not disagree more with the above points. F8x has lots of soul. Will most people think the E9x has better sound? Yes. But the interior of the F8x is much nicer looking, looks and feels higher quality, and the tech is light years beyond.

Steering? This has been way overblown. Like Chris Harris said in his review - barely perceptible change in steering feel - and BTW - the new steering is definitely more precise.

As to "why BMW did not just put a small turbo on the S65 and tune for better MPG's?" I don't know - I'm not an engineer. Are you?

As a former E9x owner - I absolutely adored that car - still do even though I don't have it anymore. But this overblown, F8x has no soul is utter nonsense. Notwithstanding whatever negative comments the F8x has received in the automotive press - don't forget that at least a couple of magazines have even proclaimed the F8x as "the best M product in years."

Oh - and fun to drive? Hell yes - anyone who thinks the F8x is "numb" or "has no soul" ought to take one to the track and I guarantee you that you will not feel that way anymore... The E9x was an incredibly fun car - but so is the F8x...
I wont debate which are car is more fun, or about steering feel. IMO the F80 hits me the right way, beside the engine sound.

I do think the F80 has more tech in the interior. but after sitting in F80s and F30s. I without a doubt per a fully loaded E92 interior. putting aside the quality, i really hate the new layouts of a lot of German cars. I think free standing navigation screens do not look good. The new Idrive button is bigger, and off to the side more. the F80 keys are to big also. E90 keys were perfect IMO

The F80`s cluster gauges are also kind of boring looking. the F80 seats do look nice though. overall though when people say its a huge upgrade from the E90 interior, they must have been driving a base M3 with the wrong trim or something.

At the end of the day the F80 is still a nice car. If it had a different engine, active sound, the interior, the hood line, the keys, ETC would not stop me from buying the car.
Appreciate 0