View Single Post
      03-21-2014, 07:13 AM   #140
bmwx3805
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 14 cruze diesel and 2019 430I

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYCX3 View Post
If they came out with the exact quality the guys in Munich meant, there would be no defects, recalls or service bulletins. People only produce what the wisdom of their mind allows, and lately, there's been a lack of real quality. So the argument of differences in the markets ties into the argument that US market quality is lower than others, your own point proves it... US Roads are so bad, that the cars need to be adjusted to deal with the roads... and the legalities and disclosures BMW has to deal with in US is insane... the car is a nanny... double pull of handle for opening a door? Can't drive with door open? Can't close windows with remote, but can open them? Runflats standard? What the heck happened to real cars? When did these driving machines turn into babysitters and pacifiers?

Anyway, we both have our points of view... I own a BMW, and cannot wait to get rid of it just for the same reasons I speak of... and I used to have a 2006 X3 MSport which I would take anyday in a blink over the 2013 X3 Msport.

I can take care of myself... don't need car to park for me, warn me there's another car in the other lane, keep my tires from deflating or making a soft joyful ride, all this dumbs the senses down and makes one a worse and more dependent driver. no thanks. I like to be the driver, not the car.

Aston Martin is looking better every day.
but i will agree with you that roads are bad especially in ny. im from li ad ill tell ya i certainly dont miss those roads or the belt park way.
Appreciate 0