View Single Post
      03-22-2014, 11:43 AM   #143
NYCX3
Private
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW X3 28i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Efthreeoh View Post
I've been around BMWs a long time. I'd never classify BMW as having and above average level of build quality (I'd say below). The American-built cars I've had were of just as good or better build quality as BMW regardless of country of assembly.

The problem for BMW now a days is most manufacturers have caught up to them in what BMW used to have a unique corner on in the marketplace, driving dynamics. And the competition offers better build quality at a lower price than BMW does. But for guys like me BMW has moved on to a different customer, which is okay, nothing ever stays the same or lasts forever - that's life.

My Sister has a 1st gen X3 and the build quality in not very good in her perspective related to the amount of money she paid for it. She loves the way it drives, but hates the repair bills, and this from a woman whose last two cars were a Chevrolet Blazer and a Ford Mustang. The heater core needed replacement (expensive) and the oil separator system wore out, and the left-side hood latch broke (left hood latch... that's shitty quality in my view).
Now imagine the quality of the 2013 X3's... it's several times worse, I've had the 1st Gen X3, and that one is a gem compared to the new ones.

Which American cars you think are better built and have better driving dynamics?
Appreciate 0