View Single Post
      05-08-2009, 11:42 AM   #167
ENINTY
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2006 325i Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by mapezzul View Post
They don't need more power from the ///M3. People are missing the point to all this- they need less green house gases, lower emissions and greater efficiency, they can't do it the NA route neither can anyone else. The pending changes to emissions regulations is forcing this and it is NOT their choice.

an inline six with multiple turbos is also in the works... as I stated earlier in this thread.

they have power, efficiency and emissions numbers they must hit with each motor, whatever they come up with will be the best solution to the problem. BMW is not VW/Audi they are not designing an engine for multiple brands and strapping a super charger on a V6.
The E9X M3 has a V8 because BMW couldn't make the HP numbers that the Benz AMG and Audi S4 do with a 3.0L in-line six. So I guess the next round of performance sedans from BMW, Merc, and Audi will tout their low green house emissions? Oh Boy can't wait for that.

BMW already has a in-line six with multipule turbos... The one with the fuel pump problems.

BMW already uses the 7-Series motor in the Rolls Royce.
Appreciate 0