06-07-2011, 10:15 AM   #8
footie
Major General
Rep
Drives: i5M60

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by lesha View Post
Can anyone provide a comparison of bmw to audi as far as reliability and driving experience goes.

For instance, if 335 is plagued with hpfp issues, what are some similar problem when it comes to an audi? Or a lot of people hate bmw run flats or people's sunroofs explode. What is it like owning an audi in this regard?

What about driving experience?

I love my car, but i think that bmw look compared to audi is a bit outdated. But, I know nothing else about audi, any input is appreciated.
A can of worms you have opened here, so lets hope that this thread doesn't go off the rails as so many of these BMW vs Audi ones do.

I see you are driving a 335i at present, very good car but you feel like it's time for a change and are basically looking round to see what's out there, which is a good idea as it's stupid to stick faithfully to one brand without seeing if anything else meets your fancy. Is it your intent to stick with a coupe or are convert/saloons also on the cards?

In every aspect, be that performance or reliability I don't think there is much if any to chose between them, both see each other as competitors so base their models closely to one another and being German they are built to the same very high standards. Where they differ is the way each behave and achieve their performance, you will either like or hate quattro, if you don't need it because of your warm climate then it's an expensive luxury as it will use more fuel and a bit more tyre wear but it does make it easier to drive quickly but by doing so has made it less exciting.

One thing no one can deny is that in the US and Canada it is far more exclusive, whether you see this as a bonus or not is up to you. Go have a drive and see if they suit you and your driving style.

P.S.
Remember to get a test drive in one with the sportdiff option, it makes all the difference.
Appreciate 0