05-24-2013, 01:18 PM   #82
sk8board511
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 07 E90-Bikes on bikes on bikes

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmahany View Post
It’s completely normal that your progress has slowed. If you think about it, you’re changing one variable (your weight) and keeping another (your caloric intake) the same. When you lose weight your body will become more efficient and need fewer calories to sustain the same level of activity. At 300 pounds you may have needed 4000 calories just to sit on the couch and watch tv. However, at 200 pounds your body may only need 2800 calories to do the same thing.
Your weight is a quantitative measurement to measure your progress but do not consume yourself with it. Do you really believe that your BMI is a good measurement of your progress? I’m an excellent example (in my opinion) of why is completely useless. I went from a BMI of 35.2 down to 30.1 between the two pictures below. According to the BMI I went from “Obese” to “Obese.”

I laugh every time I see those two pictures because they were taken at the exact same place (Margaritaville in Jamaica) just at different times. I was also sucking in in the first picture which is why my chest/ribs look so much bigger in the first picture.
No homo that's how i want to look when i'm finished